So just solely on the movie as a whole & before going into any details, I felt that The Avengers was a really good movie not just because it was brilliantly action-packed and it boasted an ensemble cast of some of Hollywood’s biggest names, but I thought that the whole production team did a great job giving each main character enough showtime to really express themselves and leave an impression on the audience in their own personal way.
What’s even better was that this was my 1st trip to the cinema in a year & boy did The Avengers not disappoint at all. Was quite amused my dad unknowingly bought 3D tickets for the show until I told him 10 minutes before it that our time slot had a ‘3D’ next to it.
Whether or not you’re a fan of the Avengers, it’s a good movie to catch this summer! That’s 1 out of the 3 movies that I wanted to catch when 2012 started done, now awaiting The Dark Knight Rises while lamenting over probably not having time to catch the The Hunger Games…
RE: SPOILERS ALERT!
Here are some of my favourite moments during Marvel’s The Avengers (2012):
1. Natasha Romanoff interrogation scene
2. Natasha Romanoff: Doctor, we need you to come in.
Bruce Banner: What if I… say no?
[soldiers surround Banner’s cabin]
Natasha Romanoff: I’ll persuade you.
3. Tony Stark: Dr. Banner, your work is unparalleled. And I’m a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster.
Bruce Banner: Thanks.
4. Maria Hill: When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?
Tony Stark: Last night.
5. Natasha Romanoff ‘interrogating’ Loki on why he let the Avengers capture him so easily
6. Loki: What have I to fear?
Tony Stark: The Avengers. It’s what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. “Earth’s Mighiest Heroes” type thing.
Loki: Yes, I’ve met them.
Tony Stark: Yeah, takes us a while to get any traction, I’ll give you that one but, let’s do a head count here. Your brother, the demi-god; a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend; a man with breath-taking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins, and *you*, big fella, you’ve managed to piss off every single one of them.
Loki: That was the plan.
Tony Stark: Not a great plan. When they come, and they will, they’ll come for you.
Loki: I have an army.
Tony Stark: We have a Hulk.
Loki: I thought the beast had wandered off.
Tony Stark: You’re missing the point. There’s no throne. There is no version of this where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes and maybe it’s too much for us but it’s all on you. Because if we can’t protect the Earth, you can be damned well sure we’ll avenge it.
7. When Loki tried to brainwash Tony Stark but his spectre could not work on Tony
8. Loki: [Hulk throws Loki through a window into the Stark Tower penthouse] ENOUGH! You are, all of you, beneath me. I am a god you dull creature, and I will not be bullied by…
The Hulk: [Hulk grabs Loki by the legs and smashes him against the floor repeatedly] Puny god.
9. Steve Rogers: Hulk, smash!
[Hulk grins and attacks the enemies]
10. After the Hulk and Thor brought down a Leviathan and Hulk punched Thor away spontaneously
11. World Security Council: Director Fury, the council has made a decision.
Nick Fury: I recognise the council has made a decision, but given that it’s a stupid ass decision, I’ve elected to ignore it.
12. The entire sequence when Tony Stark carries and flies the nuclear missile away from Manhattan and into the portal
13. [Hulk roars]
Tony Stark: [shocked, regaining consciousness] What just happened? Please tell me nobody kissed me.
Steve Rogers: We won.
Tony Stark: All right, hey! All right good job guys. Let’s just not come in tomorrow; let’s just take a day.